We are a local company and all products are handmade with love here in Edmonton, Canada.
We take pride in the quality and unique nature of our glass products. Each piece is designed and handmade at Suspended Studio and slight variances in size/shape/colour can occur. Our glassblowing furnace and the type of glass we use creates small bubbles within our pieces. These are not considered flaws, as they exemplify the handmade and individual nature of the material.
Prior to shipping, we carefully look over each piece to make sure it is free from defects. If you feel you have a defective item, please email us right away so we can diagnose the issue and take action to remedy the situation.
Handblown glass is sensitive to extreme temperatures. For this reason, never place your handblown glass in an oven, microwave or freezer, or fill with boiling liquids. Cold drinks, however, are perfect for handblown glass, and rest assured, ice cubes will not damage your glass.
For glassware, we recommend hand washing your glass in warm soapy water. We DO NOT recommend using a dishwasher to wash your glass. The high heat from some dishwashers has the ability to crack your glass, and some dishwasher detergents can etch objects over time.
For decorative pieces, we recommend washing in warm soapy water and drying with a soft lint-free cloth. You can also use vinegar or windex with a paper towel to keep your glass looking shiny and clean.
If you are purchasing an item to be sent as a gift, we will send a handwritten note to the recipient. Please leave a message in the 'Note to Seller' box when you check out with the exact wording you would like to have on the card.
Have a special piece of glass that needs repairing?
At Suspended Studio we offer custom repair and replacement services. However, not every piece of glass can be fixed or replaced. Also, please note that there is always a chance of further breakage when attempting to repair a piece of broken glass.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an image of your damaged item and we will let you know what options we can offer you.
Who doesn’t love a deal? As a culture (ourselves included), we are drawn to large companies offering free shipping on their products. Unfortunately, this is just not feasible for small businesses such as ours. We shop around for the most affordable price possible for shipping, but because of volume and packaging costs, we simply can’t compete with larger companies on shipping.
That being said, from time to time, we cover the cost and offer free shipping incentives to reward our customers – you just need to join our mailing list to get notified! You can sign up at the bottom of this page or at checkout.
YES! We currently ship our products all over the world!
Over the past few years we have learnt a lot about shipping glass and are happy to say that we have yet to have a piece arrive to a customer broken.
Shipping glass is a tricky endeavour and we use many different packing techniques and materials for packing our glass. However, not all of our packaging is currently recyclable. For this reason, we strongly encourage you to reuse as much of our packaging as possible.
Please let us know immediately if your item arrives damaged during transit. We are happy to replace any piece(s) that get damaged in transit free of charge. A description of the damage as well as a photo is appreciated for insurance purposes and to help us analyze the reasons for damage.
Due to the handmade and individual nature of our products, we regret that we cannot offer refunds. We offer exchanges or store credit for eligible items that you wish to return.
What can be returned for exchange/store credit?
• Standard/in stock items
• Items broken or damaged in transit
What cannot be returned? (Final Sale)
• Custom orders/designs
• Sale items
• Seconds (products with minor flaws or prototypes that are sold at a discount)
• There are no refunds on shipping and handling charges.
• Any pieces you wish to return must be unused and in original condition.
• All return requests must be initiated within 7 days of the receipt of goods.
• The buyer is responsible for the payment of return shipping.
1. Email us for a Return Request within 7 days of the receipt of goods.
2. Package the item(s) well in original packaging and enclose the receipt inside the box. Items must be received by Suspended Studio within 14 days of the Return Request.
3. Items that return damaged, without original packaging or previously used will void the Return Request.
4. We reserve the right to deny any returns that we feel do not meet our criteria for exchange. Refunds will not be issued in full for items damaged in return shipping or returns that are never received. We highly recommend that you insure all return shipments and provide Suspended Studio with the shipment tracking number.
5. You will receive a confirmation email when your return is successfully processed with instructions to redeem your credit on our website, or with a new tracking number for the exchanged items. Store credit is valid for one year from issue date.
All content of this site, unless otherwise noted are property of Suspended Studio. Use of these things are not permitted without prior written consent. The use of our images may be used on personal blogs providing Suspended Studio is credited alongside each post with a link directing back to this website.
When you purchase anything from Suspended Studio, you agree to hold Suspended Studio/Leah Kudel harmless from any loss, damage or injury due to any products purchased from us. Our maximum liability to you is the amount you paid for the item(s) purchased. All items offered on this site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Note: We reserve the right to update these policies at any time.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us directly. We would love to hear from you